Regular and Chaotic Dynamics
ISSN 1560-3547 (print version)
ISSN 1468-4845 (electronic version)
Regular and Chaotic Dynamics is an international peer-reviewed journal publishing original research papers in dynamical systems theory, characterized by rigorous mathematical settings and proofs, and that also address practical problems. In addition to research papers, RCD publishes review articles, comments on previously published papers, and translations of works by influential scientists of past centuries, previously unavailable in English. Along with regular issues, the journal also publishes special issues devoted to particular topics and events in the world of dynamical systems.
In this mathematics journal, special attention is given to:
- Nonlinear dynamical systems;
- Fluid dynamics, motion of solids in fluid, vortex dynamics, solid+vortex interaction;
- Figures of equilibrium, fluid and gaseos ellipsoids;
- Rigid body dynamics, tops;
- Nonholonomic mechanics, rolling disks, sports dynamics;
- Biological and artificial locomotion
- Dynamical systems with friction, impact theory, billiards; scientific toys, dynamical effects (the Euler disk, the tippe top, rattleback, etc);
- Classical and celestial mechanics, n-body problem, the Kepler problem, relative equilibria, periodic solutions, dynamics in curved spaces.
- Nonintegrability, chaotic systems, strange attractors;
- Exactly integrable nonlinear systems;
- Symmetries, Lie algebras and Hamiltonian formalism;
- Topological aspects of dynamics
The ISI 2009 impact factor for RCD is 0,752
Indexing and Abstracting: Mathematical Reviews, Current Mathematical Publications, Current Contents (ISI), CompuMath Citation Index (ISI), Science Citation Index Expanded (ISI), MathSciNet, Zentralblatt MATH, Inspec.